Like what you read?

Like what you read?
Please vote daily! Just click on the banner!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

To sleep...perchance to dream

Nah. All I really wanted to do this day was to sleep just...a...little....bit....more. Forget the dreams. They interrupt the pure bliss of being unaware of the world around me.

Last week ended pretty well. With H's ability to voice his emotions about being "sad" since Daddy wasn't home, we decided to try Skyping. We had done this a few times up north early on with my folks but H didn't seem to be all that interested. So, Tuesday night, I brought my "puter" down to the kitchen and we skyped with Daddy.

"Daddy!!!"
"Daddy you're here?" as he looked quizzically at the computer screen.
"No, H, I'm still in B at the hotel."
"Oh."
"Daddy, why you not here?" Ay,there's the rub.

After a few minutes of "talking to Daddy" and saying nighty night (as we say in our house from a book that H was given by some friends) we went upstairs.

Step, step, drag feet, step step.
"Mom why you call Daddy?"
"We thought you might like to see him. Even though he's not home, we can still see him and talk to him on the computer."
"Oh."
"Did you like seeing Daddy?"
"Yeah."
Step step "Thanks, Mom."
"You're welcome, H."

Wednesday H was acting up a bit (a sign he's getting tired) so I asked if he wanted to say goodnight to Daddy. "Yeth!" so off we went to our bedroom and woke the computer up.

This time we had to see the entire hotel room before we could talk. Daddy obliged by walking around the room with the computer. Our astute son was quick to point out "There's the potty!" Ah yes, the throne. Men want to sit on it and moms just want little boys to use it. A quick nighty night and I love you to Daddy and we were off to bed. "Thanks, Mom."

So, we will plan to routinely "see/talk" to Daddy from this point forward. H doesn't really like to talk on the phone to him. He usually refuses or pouts when Daddy calls and doesn't agree to talk until I get ready to hang up. We are hoping this will assuage H's sadness and some of the Daddy guilt, too.

Daddy was such a big hit this week. Thursday night (Daddy was on his way home) as H and I were running through our bedtime routine, "Daddy take me to school tomorrow?"
"Yes, H, Daddy can take you to school tomorrow."
"Ok."
"Do you like it when Daddy takes you to school?"
"Uh-huh. I like my front loader, tooooooo."

Good to know that Daddy ranks right up there with the front loader.

Oh, and that little bit more sleep? Well, that was my true Mother's Day present. I like the flowers. The strawberries were good, but the sleep? Well, now, that's priceless.




No comments:

Post a Comment