Like what you read?

Like what you read?
Please vote daily! Just click on the banner!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Saying of the Day: Good Job

This morning started off a little delayed as well. H actually slept REALLY well last night. I was so glad as he was tired to the point last night of asking me to go into the other room. That NEVER happens (well ok so it has now happened once and only once.) This morning while getting ready, H started to throw a little fit about something really minor - can't even remember the details of it now. We usually have a "discussion" about he's not listening and we expect him to behave. During this "discussion" he starts tearily saying "I wanna behaaaaaaaave!" This morning, I mentioned that he wasn't listening and that he needed to behave to get ___________ or do ___________. If he wasn't going to do this then he would likely be in trouble. His response?
"Mommy, I no wanna into trouble." Ahhhhhh, good to know.

After his slight melt down and subsequent recovery we ended up getting dressed. He is expected to and able to get his own clothes out for the day. To keep things simple enough and partly because he has no other choice right now as he is still as skinny as can be, we have pull on type track pants and long or short sleeved Tshirts. These may or may not match given his choice of the day. He has "big boy" pants but these currently do not fit him - and he may never wear the 24mo and 2T pants we have as the will not stay up - before he outgrows their length. I recently discovered that when you live somewhere the spring begins in February, the stores DON"T SELL PANTS as of February. Seriously, I stopped by Walmart to pick up a couple more pairs of Garanimal track pants because they fit him and are inexpensive yet wash well and that very day, all that was available was shorts. KMart, Target, Kohls, Dillards, (I didn't try Children's Place since I gave up at this point) each had one pair of regular jeans which he cannot wear as they won't stay up even with tabs and SHORTS. I figure if I can make the three pairs he has work well enough and take a tuck in the other two, he can survive as long as I religiously do laundry. I suppose he will wear shorts this summer but the other day it was so NICE outside (not in the triple digits mind you) and the daycare (and almost every other building I walked into including my office) were freezing since the AC was now on. I'm afraid he will be cold. At least with shorts he can wear a smaller size and not look like he has on knickers and won't keep trying to pull his pant legs down.

So...this morning he came in with his track pants and Tshirt. I help him put his shirt over his head and then we work on the pants. "H put your foot all the way through. Ok now the other, left foot, put it all the way through. Good, now pull up your pants." "Too hard, Mommy. Too hard to do." "You want some help?" "Yeth, yeth Mommy." "Okay, here you go, all set."

"Good job! Good job, Mommy!"
"Good job for pulling up your pants?"
"Yeth!"

So nice to be recognized for a job well done.




No comments:

Post a Comment