Like what you read?

Like what you read?
Please vote daily! Just click on the banner!

Monday, July 21, 2014

Weighty Discussions Tonight

Mom, will you be dead when I'm seventeen?
I really hope not!
Why?
Well, seventeen is not that far away. 
Oh. When I'm seventeen I will be old but not old old old like Pop (who died at 83.)

Mom, I think WillHe is dead.
Yes, honey he got sick and couldn't get better.
No, no, no I mean Howie. I think he is dead now.
Oh, well, we always hope he found a family who said here's a great funny furry cat and we'd like him to live with us.
I think he is dead and he knows POp and WillHe.
Maybe buddy maybe.

Mom, I remember something.
You do? What do you remember?
Well, we were at our house and you were there but maybe it was a dream I don't know but I think it was real but maybe not but I remember Pop.
You do?
Uh huh.
Ok. 

Sidebar: H has only seen pictures of Pop because Pop died three weeks before we met our son. We didn't know if we could travel since he was so ill...maybe he did meet him and it was in a dream...who knows. Either way I'm sure Pop loves H. 


No comments:

Post a Comment