Like what you read?

Like what you read?
Please vote daily! Just click on the banner!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Trying to Catch Up on H Moments

It is very clear to all who know him that H pays attention to things and remembers them even as he appears to hand back distractedly in the background. Each of the topics have been influenced by a book, a discussion, a picture, or other items and moments throughout his days this spring.

As I've said before the mind of a 3.5 year old is a wonderful and mysterious thing!

Riding in the car on the way to school a couple of months ago:

"Mommy, I had a dream last night. The big bad wolfe tried to eat the happy monster but he spit him out and he broke cause he was an egg and my family could not put him back together. I was scared by my baby sister who was the big bad wolf."

He proceeded to mumble something about a porcupine and a moose which I could not for the life of me make out. Only later did I realize he was being influenced by Harold and the Purple Crayon iPad app (which is awesome by the way.)

Lying on the bed in "Grandma's room" for a nap:

H "Mommy what are those pictures of?"
Me "Things in Paris, France."
H "I been there?"
Me "No, mommy, daddy, Grandma, and Papas have been there."
H "My car been there. I didn't like if very much."

After a topic relating to our former home:
H "I just went back to my old house."
Me "Do you like your new house?"
H "I love my new house. I'm happy!"

Random discussion (I can't remember what prompted the learning about volcanos):
I told Natalie a volcano ruppeds!
You know why a volcano rupped?
The five comes up and ruppeds.

Mommy....we're spiders. Not real spiders...just tend spiders.

He finally caught on thet Mother's Day was something that was sort of special. He's not a real touchy feely kind of kid but that day, while I was sitting on the twoilet, H walks up to me, looks at me tenderly, kisses my face and says "Happy Mother's Day" gives me a happy and satisfied smile and walks away....granted he now says it sometimes at random when it appears he may be in a little trouble for not listening but I'll take it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment