Like what you read?

Like what you read?
Please vote daily! Just click on the banner!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

It's the Little Moments That Reveal the Big Changes

Lately, H has gotten this little completely happy smile perfected at the most random of moments. I do not post facial pictures here but I will do my best to describe it.

Occassionally he will just look at me for a moment and his face will light up all of a sudden. His eyes turn bright and light up from within. His eyes curl up at the outside and seem to smile just a fraction of a moment before a closed mouth but wide smile spreads across his face. For a few seconds, he holds that smile and looks at me like he's just happy to be in that spot at that time with me and is completely at peace with the world. I look back at him and smile. Neither of us says anything. Then, after I smile back at him and registers my awareness of his moment, he continues on. I am overwhelmed with undescribable feelings that are impossible to put into words. Yes, it's love. Yes, it's happiness. Yes, it's wonderful. Also, it's one of the most magical and mysterious moments as no words are necessary. I do not think any words could really convey what it is he is feeling at that moment. At that moment, I think he truly is beginning to understand and reciprocate love.

It is one of those moments that you never want to lose as the pure innocence of life is apparent in that smile and it seems to be reserved for sharing just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment