Like what you read?

Like what you read?
Please vote daily! Just click on the banner!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Imagination

We have a typical boy who imagines typical boy things. Our world right now revolves around who is Buzz and who is Woody (on any given day it's me or him or various stuffed creatures including Boy - see past post), various cars are "Meenie" aka Lightning McQueen who needs his tires fixed by Guido (although not much mention of Luigi), and various other transporation oriented mind trips like getting into the truck - usually a bed or on the stairs - flying, boating, hot air ballooning (not sure but my closet is the favorite hot air balloon and he has ever been in one or seen a real live one up close only the ones in his books). Would have liked to take him to the festival last weekend, however, I noticed my "reminder" on my "smart" phone on Monday morning. Ah well, we had a good time this weekend anyway going to the park to play on the swings. Can someone explain to me why swings are no longer part of the park experience?? There are two parks here that have swings - one nice one and one not so nice. Neither of them have the number of swings we had growing up though.

Anyhow, our play revolves around other transportation themes like train tracks, car haulers, fire trucks, and anything that can crash into something else. It's amazing just how LOUD two tiny little Hot Wheel (only the cheaper ones) sized cars can be when crashed into each other over and over on the window sill in our bedroom at 6 am....

Lately he has wanted to "drive my car." No, really, he wants to sit in the front seat "Mommy, what's that seat called?" "That's the passenger seat." "No, mommy, that one." "The one I'm sitting in?" "Yeth." "The driver's seat." "I want to sit in that one. Mommy, I want to driver your new car."

Remind me to tell you someday about our all day expedition to find a new (used) car 3 hours away.

Saturday morning, though I think we reached new levels (possibly a real low level) in imagination play. H discovered tongs this weekend. I gave him a pair - the relatively inexpensive kind that you would use to pick up corn on the cob - to walk around with outside Friday night and he had tons of fun trying to pick up things. He originally started out with nice and big grilling tongs. I wouldn't let him take those outside to wander around with but did let him keep them for play in the house.

While waiting for hubby to wake up (my day started at 5:30 when H came in the room and started crashing the cars together), H decided he wanted to play with his tongs in his room. So, he started picking up various objects; a sock, a car, a Pooh bear, a block.

"Look, mommy! I picking up poop! Don't touch it!" Complete pooper scooper action with putting it in the "bag" (a bench box we use to put shoes in.)

Yup, we know how to have fun in NE TX.

No comments:

Post a Comment