Like what you read?

Like what you read?
Please vote daily! Just click on the banner!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Teenage Drama....Oh Wait, He's only 2GO3!

It's been crazy around here the last couple of weeks. Just when I think I can take a breather, the next thing happens. It is clear that H is on to the next stage of development. For the life of me, I cannot remember ever reading or having ANYONE tell me that the days of eye rolling, disgust, yelling, and being wrong more often than not begin before my son is even out of his twos. A fellow Kaz adoptive Mom and fellow blogger used the terminology "threenager." We are so there.

"Okay, okay, Mom, Okay." (Eye roll....)

"No, mom, not cattle, those are cows."

This morning during our short lived snuggle time "Mom you're eyes are brown." "Yes, H, they are brown." (Pleasantly surprised he notices as he's always been very observant but not so verbal.) "What color are your eyes?"

"Blue."

"Your eyes are actually Hazel." "No, blue." "Did they tell you at school they were blue?" "Yes."
"What color are daddy's eyes? Are your eyes the same color as Daddy's?" "Blue."

"No, mom, not nightime, naptime."
"No, mom, not shirt, jacket."
"No, mom, not sandals, shoes."
"No, mom, not red, blue."

On and on it goes. Now, don't get me wrong, I think it's great he's becoming quite verbal and has a pretty good vocabulary. We are encouraging that. I am not a fan of being corrected everytime I let slip with something that my tired part-time single mom, full-time working mom, all the time busy mom brain gets addled around.

Even more exciting is the hitting, spitting, kicking, throwing, pinching, yelling, pouting,  (no words just yelling loudly) when he doesn't get to do what he wants to do.

This from the child that the daycare just commented "We understand why you were so worried about the other provider not calling when he cried. He's SOOOOO GOOOOD he's helpful and kind. He never has to sit in the office."

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, he's eating nonstop. I thought we would have at least 10 years before that behavior kicked in....good thing his older brother isn't here, too, or we'd be at the grocery store everyday.

Can someone tell me what comes next since it appears we skipped ages 3-14?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment