Like what you read?

Like what you read?
Please vote daily! Just click on the banner!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

2GO3 Sayings of the Day

"I like______________!"

H has been steadily expressing himself more and more. He has started saying "this is nice" about his room and recently added posters for alphabet, colors, numbers, days, and months. His bed is "nice." In addition, he likes things. We are all aware he likes certain foods (especially gummies and suckers) and he likes the movie Cars. Sometimes he will say "I like granda. I like Papaw. I like Daddy." etc. in quick succession. The other night he was really wired up!

Imagine this said in rapid fire succession in a dark room with the hall light on as I try to get him settled in for bed.
I like Meeny (his word for Lightning McQueen.)
I like Mater.
I like Sally.
I like Doc Hudson.
I Guido.
I like balls.
I like soccer.
I like baseball.
I like Daddy.
I like Papaw.
I like Grandma.
I like trucks.
I like blankets.
I like these (pointing to the posters on his closet doors).
I like bench (toddler sized work bench).
I like closet.
I like.....just about everything he could see and touch at that moment in time became  "I like..." It was quite funny. I really had to try and not laugh. It was so cute and hilarious at the same time. It was the longest list he has said to date. Somewhere in there he included me and the pets but think it ended with his current standby - "I like suckers."

I am glad he is being quite verbal. He's not always the most outgoing but we know he is and has been always very observant. Unfortunately, tonight's quick list included "I like Sponge Bob." Followed by "What Sponge Bob do?" "I don't know honey." Just as a side note, we don't watch SB here but he has seen it at daycare. Really, in my opinion not an appropriate use of my dollars for daycare but I am told this is the best in town. This I find incredible seemingly true at this stage. We are so looking forward to preschool but that is another post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment