Like what you read?

Like what you read?
Please vote daily! Just click on the banner!

Monday, April 15, 2013

It's Time

We've been busy busy with the house, work, school, a 3.5 year old since we moved here. The other night I finally found time to pay attention to some things that just aren't needed any more. We've made changes to H's room over the last year, the most recent addition is a shelf and rod that he can reach so he can get his own school clothes (at his request.)

I began working on cleaning up his closet and figured I needed to get the remaining diapers, pullups, and swim diapers out of his closet (and my car) as well. We never seemed to end up going to the next phase exactly at the end of one box and so have a few left over of each.

I was also able to begin pulling his clothes out that he had outgrown. While doing so, I realized I could put away the baby monitor (still in a drawer) and some other "baby" things. Granted I need to consolidate everything else like all the cupboard, drawer, and electrical socket safety latches but that's for another day. The porta potty trainer makes a great hot wheels car garage when turned upside down maybe that will stay out for a while....

Since we got H at ten months we missed early baby times. I'm ok with that but I feel that in all fairness maybe "babyhood" should last longer - say a couple of years before you move on so quickly to little boyhood. How about 3 years baby, three years toddler, three years little boy, and then maybe it could ratchet down from there. Whenever we got a routine down and I finally was able to function with it, he would change and out grow a stage and into a new one affecting naps, food, dressing, travel. I like not having to travel with quite so much stuff but still, couldn't I just have had a little more baby time with to really make it all indelible on my brain and in my memory? I feel like I didn't do enough to remember it all....

I know I will never be fully prepared for him to be a man so soon but as he said to me the other day - "Mommy, I'm getting so big but I'm your baby?" "Yes, H you will always be my baby."

No comments:

Post a Comment